[Cialug] Firewall question

Tom Sellers tsellers2009 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 10:17:40 CST 2017

Each wireless router acts as its own DHCP server for it's network segment.
One is on network 192.168.9.0 and the other is on 192.168.1.0.  Even though
I insert my local internet provider's DNS server IP addresses the clients
seem to end up with the DNS identified as 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.9.1
depending on the network segment.  Not sure that I understand that but it
works so I don't worry about it.  It has been that way with my network as
long as I can remember.

The route seems to point back to the 192.168.9.1 or 192.168.1.1 address.
Here is a screen shot of the route of this machine.