[Cialug] Firewall question

David Champion dchamp1337 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 16:36:55 CST 2017

There are a few things you need to do, like turn on NAT. Here's one example
of how to do that.

http://www.revsys.com/writings/quicktips/nat.html

There are several linux and bsd distros specifically designed to act as a
firewall with a nice front-end on them. Some distros may also have a config
option like "network connection sharing" that will do these things for you.

You'll want to get familiar with iptables and / or shorewall if you're
going to run your own linux firewall.

-dc