[Cialug] Networking config

Brian Wood woodbrian77 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 00:47:01 UTC 2017

I'm trying to do some testing between different OSes.  I started
off with Windows 7 and FreeBSD, but have failed so far with
that.  So I thought testing between Linux and FreeBSD would
be easier, but so far not.  I'm just connecting two machines
with an ethernet cable.  'ip link show' says the link is up, but
it only lists an ip 6 address.  How can I get an ipv4 address?
I ran dhclient, but that didn't help.  Thanks.

Brian
Ebenezer Enterprises -- If you think Ben Shapiro is simply
a G-dly, thoughtful, intelligent and articulate young man, you
are wrong.  He's also a great musician -- check out his
tribute to Game of Thrones.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=game+of+thrones+tribute+dailywire&atb=v72-1__&ia=
videos&iax=1&iai=WoSvVDQJGv4