[Cialug] Critical alert system

Brett Neese brneese at brneese.com
Sat Feb 11 14:29:48 CST 2017

We wire all of our alerts into a Slack channel and they ping the
appropriate person, even if Slack is on DND.

Probably doesn't apply to you but for anyone interested dirty code I wrote
that handles the translation of AWS Cloudwatch Alarms to Slack
notifications is here: https://github.com/HBKEngineering/tracky-aws. We
have other kinds of alerts doing something similar.

[image: Inline image 1]

https://www.pagerduty.com/ is another service I've heard great things about
but is overkill for us.

Otherwise, I'd look into building something custom using Twilio
<https://www.twilio.com/>.

Brett Neese
563-210-3459 <(563)%20210-3459>