[Cialug] Plain english for Exchange Calender

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at drake.edu
Thu Feb 2 14:04:39 CST 2017

After Googling for "vcalendar dtstart format" and doing a bit of
reading, i am under the impression that the dates are just ISO-8601
basic format (aka, no hyphens).

So that date looks like January 1, 1601 at 02:00 in the morning
(ignoring the time zone offset for now). That seems like an odd date; is
1600 or 1601 the start of the epoch for vcalendar format?

On 2017-02-02 12:43, L. V. Lammert wrote:
> Just to another one of these garbage text beasts, .. so I thought 'there
> has to be some way to decode it', *especially* the time:
>
> BEGIN:VCALENDAR
> METHOD:REQUEST
> PRODID:Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
> VERSION:2.0
> BEGIN:VTIMEZONE
> TZID:Central Standard Time
> BEGIN:STANDARD
> DTSTART:16010101T020000
> TZOFFSETFROM:-0500
> TZOFFSETTO:-0600
> RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;INTERVAL=1;BYDAY=1SU;BYMONTH=11
> END:STANDARD
> BEGIN:DAYLIGHT
> DTSTART:16010101T020000
>
> Any pointers? I think it's SUPPOSED to be 1000 5 Feb.
>
> 	Thanks!
>
> 	Lee

__
Daniel Ramaley | Server Engineer 2
Information Technology Services | Drake University
T: +1 (515) 271-4540
W: http://its.drake.edu/