[Cialug] Qubes

Theron Conrey theron at conrey.org
Mon Dec 4 15:12:04 UTC 2017

> It seems to me like if your OS gets compromised your files will be too,
> so as far as I know the hypervisor won't really help with security.

Ah. So, that's false. It's not the hypervisor ONLY that makes a security profile. I run kvm w/ selinux, and Redhat docs walk through why this is preferable. The reality is that a type 1 hypervisor doesn't have to run under every OS, but having a secure hypervisor avaible for a single VM does make sense in certain scenarios. On top of that, it can be done securely.

-theron