[Cialug] Crashplan replacement

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Wed Aug 23 16:19:06 UTC 2017

On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 5:07 PM, Scott Yates <Scott at yatesframe.com> wrote:

> That looks like it might be a good solution!  Thank you Jim!
>
> On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 5:00 PM, Jim Cole <jrcole at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > My plan:
> > Get an unlimited Google drive for $10/month dedicated to backups. I have
> > one dedicated to media now.
> > Use https://www.duplicati.com/ to back up all of the machines to it.
> > Replicate the data to other providers or other gdrives.

I'm looking into Duplicati as well but I don't think that it supports the
immediate backup of files as they change like CrashPlan does, only
time-based. Time-based backups are fine for always-on servers, less so for
systems that aren't online all the time. It's still the solution that I'm
liking best so far through.

--
Jeff Ollie
The majestik møøse is one of the mäni interesting furry animals in Sweden.