[Cialug] {External} Re: Rhel 7 Selinux settings for Root user

Kelly Slaugh KSlaugh at Studentloan.org
Wed Aug 16 16:06:20 UTC 2017

Well as I expected this is a SELinux problem with invalid contexts for yum.

Looking at log file audit.log I can see that there is an SELINUX_ERR being reported for /bin/yum when I attempt to run the command on the console logged in as root.

Restorecon has been ran on / however no positive results.

The audit.log show this...

# ausearch -a 20311

----
time->Wed Aug 16 10:46:13 2017
type=PATH msg=audit(1502898373.250:20311): item=0 name="/bin/yum" inode=91063 dev=fd:00 mode=0100755 ouid=0 ogid=0 rdev=00:00 obj=system_u:object_r:rpm_exec_t:s0 objtype=NORMAL
type=CWD msg=audit(1502898373.250:20311):  cwd="/root"
type=SYSCALL msg=audit(1502898373.250:20311): arch=c000003e syscall=59 success=no exit=-13 a0=13f2090 a1=13cafc0 a2=13c6dd0 a3=7ffef18bdfb0 items=1 ppid=5835 pid=5853 auid=0 uid=0 gid=0 euid=0 suid=0 fsuid=0 egid=0 sgid=0 fsgid=0 tty=tty1 ses=33 comm="bash" exe="/usr/bin/bash" subj=sysadm_u:sysadm_r:sysadm_t:s0-s0:c0.c1023 key=(null)
type=SELINUX_ERR msg=audit(1502898373.250:20311): op=security_compute_sid invalid_context=sysadm_u:system_r:rpm_t:s0-s0:c0.c1023 scontext=sysadm_u:sysadm_r:sysadm_t:s0-s0:c0.c1023 tcontext=system_u:object_r:rpm_exec_t:s0 tclass=process

Any ideas?

Everything is working for me on the system, I'm not going to use root on the console to run commands and I can run the yum command if I need to by first calling python so this is not like the system is not working. I'm more curious on how I can fix SELinux to allow the context or manipulate SELinux to set the correct permissions on the system.

I was able to fix a couple of issues that turned up for some other software on the system by looking in the /var/log/messages & audit.log files. Ran sealer for a few items that popped up when searching messages for "SELinux is preventing" @ChrisHasler thanks for that advice.