[Cialug] Email server

Jim Cole jrcole at gmail.com
Sat Apr 29 12:35:15 CDT 2017

If its a learning thing and you're getting a small amount of messages then
fine..run it yourself on DO or something.
The main things are usually spam filtering and dealing with IPs that are
blacklisted by a lot of other mail hosts and your emails will bounce.

I would rather spend my time in more interesting areas of linux than
tending to a mail server...to each his/her own. I ran one for my domains
for like a year and I went..that was fun..hello google. I now have gsuite
on one domain anyway to get the $10/month for unlimited google drive so I
just use that for my main email domain.

Yes, a gsuite for a domain with only one user($10/month) is unlimited
gdrive.

Gsuite FAQ:
Unlike Google’s consumer offerings, which may show ads, we do not collect,
scan or use your G Suite data for advertising purposes and do not display
ads in G Suite, Education, or Government core services. We use your data to
provide the G Suite services, and for system support, such as spam
filtering, virus detection, spell-checking, capacity planning, traffic
routing, and the ability to search for emails and files within an
individual account.

Put simply, the data that companies, schools and government agencies put
into our G Suite services does not belong to Google. Whether it’s corporate
intellectual property, personal information or a homework assignment,
Google does not own that data and Google does not sell that data to third
parties.