[Cialug] Email server

chris rheinherren c.rheinherren at gmail.com
Sat Apr 29 09:48:13 CDT 2017

I think you would be better off with getting the Digital Ocean droplet for
$5 as well. Benefits, you get the reverse DNS needed for email servers. You
get notified of maintenance issues impacting your droplet. The basic server
will be deployed and ready to use in about 60 seconds from the time you
place the order. And even have a LAMP stack in just one click too.

It saves the headache of changing your residential account at Mediacom into
a business account. Benefits for service trouble calls is generally same
day for business accounts. But if there is an outage you are still down.
Business accounts don't get notices of maintenance issues during or outside
of the standard maintenance window, to get those you have to be on Fiber.