[Cialug] free to good home

Matt matt at itwannabe.com
Wed Apr 5 22:16:03 CDT 2017

Yeah, those LGA 2011 mobos aren't cheap.  I have the i7-3930K, which is
this chip's bigger brother, and I think I blew a ~$1k tax refund getting
that chip, a motherboard, and some RAM for it.  Of course, that was back
in the day.  They didn't sell a lot of 2011 boards, though, compared to
all the 1150s and 1151s, so even refurb boards are going to be pricey.

Now I'm lusting after a replacement 2011v3 board/chip combo, so I
definitely have issues.  Luckily, though, this chip/mobo/RAM has lasted
me a good 5 years now, and I really don't think enough has changed in
performance to warrant an upgrade.  The only real advances that I know
of are in performance-per-watt, so as long as this summer isn't too hot
I should be OK.  ;)

-- Matt (N0BOX)