[Cialug] Fwd: Cybersecurity Seminar at Area515 on 3/29!

Matt matt at itwannabe.com
Mon Apr 3 16:08:19 CDT 2017

Cybersecurity is certainly on-topic as far as I am concerned. Many Linux
users are only exposed to it through server and network administration,
and security should never be an afterthought when admin-ing one or the
other.  Even desktop users should be thinking hard about security with
as many bots that scour the web searching for vulnerable machines to add
to their botnets.

Regardless of the fact that that event offered expert views on
cybersecurity, several of the Area515 makerspace's founding members are
people who are active members of the LUG.  There has always been a
fairly large amount of overlap between the two groups.

I no longer have use of any of these types of announcements, since I
moved away from the area, but I would have definitely appreciated
hearing about any non-LUG events that offered learning opportunities for
subjects I could use to become a better system or network administrator
and Linux desktop user.  Now that I'm not there, I don't begrudge the
list making these announcements because members who learned something
there may be able to share that knowledge if a question on one of those
topics ever comes up on the list.

Peace,

Matt (N0BOX)