[Cialug] Well Done Microsoft?

Sean Flattery sean.r.flattery at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 15:28:47 CDT 2016

They're trying to enable developers to use enterprise Windows installs to
stop them from fleeing to Mac or Linux.  If you allow devs to spin up VMs,
they can bypass all sorts of security controls and it takes away your
visibility into what they're doing within the VMs.

Also, alt-tabbing.  I love my linux VMs at work, but having to grab the
mouse to switch in and out the VM window every time I want to respond to an
IM or email is painful.  Unity mode for VMWare was meant to help, but it
goes wonky for me.