[Cialug] Well Done Microsoft?

Jared Brees fromj2sitsme at msn.com
Thu Sep 29 23:11:40 CDT 2016

I haven't had a whole lot of luck with it. While it says I'm "root", I can't even ping... unless I run it as administrator.
So, I set the executable to run as administrator.
Now I can ping, but not run NMap. Something with the way Windows handles wireless connections doesn't allow for much fancy network stuff to be done over Wi-Fi. I ran into this a year or so ago when I tried to run wireless Wireshark on Windows 7. Apparently the Ubuntu shell they added still has this limitation (these limitations?).
Or perhaps I'm just doing it wrong. It's happened before. :-)
Jared Brees - Squirrel Photographer