[Cialug] Raspberry Pi HDMI issue

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Thu Sep 29 15:35:54 CDT 2016

The cable I linked to plugs into a USB port on your laptop or PC.  The
other end plugs into two of the GPIO pins on the Pi, which are actually
used as a serial console by the Pi. Adafruit has pretty good instructions
on how to use it:

https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruits-raspberry-pi-lesson-5-using-a-console-cable

On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 3:29 PM, L. V. Lammert <lvl at omnitec.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Sep 2016, Jeffrey Ollie wrote:
>
> > Back to your original question - when you say console, are you
> > talkingabout a monitor plugged into the HDMI port? If so, have you tried
> > hookingup a serial console? You'll need a special cable, but you may
> > learn more ofwhat's going on that way.
> >
> Don't have a serial port, .. but that might be an option.
>
> I plan to adapt a check_network script I wrote a while back to kill
> raspistill if the network is unreachable.
>
>         Thanks!
>
>         Lee

Jeff Ollie
The majestik møøse is one of the mäni interesting furry animals in Sweden.