[Cialug] Raspberry Pi HDMI issue

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Thu Sep 29 15:02:24 CDT 2016

On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 2:41 PM, L. V. Lammert <lvl at omnitec.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Sep 2016, Scott Yates wrote:
>
> > In case you had not seen, there are USB powered displays.  I use one
> > everyday, and it is REALLY nice.  8)
> >
> BUT not when you only have 2A for both the CPU & display!

I don't know about other displays, but the official Raspberry Pi display
claims that you can power both the Pi 3 and the display from a single 2A 5V
USB power supply. I wasn't able to find specific information about how much
current the display pulls so I don't know how much is left over for the Pi
or any USB peripherals, but then the Pi has never been able to supply very
much power to the USB ports so you very quickly have to switch to a powered
USB hub.

The displays Scott and you are talking about are very different beasts
though.

--
Jeff Ollie
The majestik møøse is one of the mäni interesting furry animals in Sweden.