[Cialug] raspbery pi monitor

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Wed Sep 7 11:21:40 CDT 2016

The display number isn't always 0, try variations of:

DISPLAY=:N xeyes

where N >= 0.  0, 1 and 10 are possibilities. If that doesn't work, the
next time you're in front of the display, open a command prompt and type
"echo $DISPLAY" and use that value.

On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 10:17 AM, Patrick Mcgillan <
patrick.mcgillan at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a monitor screen plugged in to the hdmi port on my raspberry pi. I
> would like to do a remote login and run a python program whose output is to
> the hdmi port. I am sure it can be done, just haven't figured out the
> syntax quite yet.
>
> Right now, the screen is sitting at login prompt. No keyboard/mouse
> attached to the pi. Even trying to get xeyes to come up with xeyes -display
> localhost:0.0 only gets me a Error: Can't open display: localhost:0.0
>
> Something simple I am sure, but its been a long time since playing with
> remote xserver.
>
> Patrick

Jeff Ollie
The majestik møøse is one of the mäni interesting furry animals in Sweden.