[Cialug] Thunderbird email migration from OS-X to Linux

Hawkins ng0g at wccta.net
Fri Oct 28 07:38:56 CDT 2016

CIALUG,

I have an offer of a used iMac to replace mine that apparently had a
dead motherboard.

Part of the deal is that I migrate all his files and email from the iMac
to a linux box that is either running Ubuntu or Mint linux.

I did a practice run yesterday using my mac-mini with El Capitan to Mint
18.  I moved the default profile from the mac to the linux box then went
through and changed every thing I could find, like path names and other
stuff specific to the mac to something linux would like.  I am almost
there.  Everything appears to work except I cannot see the email.  I see
the folders, and can send but cannot see the email.

Am I doing this the hard way?   Is there an simpler way to do this?

Steve
--
Stephen Hawkins NG0G
ng0g at wccta.net