[Cialug] Landscape of SQL servers

Kyle Hamilton khamil8686 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 11:24:32 CDT 2016

   Per my viewpoint, things seem to be transitioning to every
application having it's own little database, or every few apps sharing
one database. The smaller database seems good for avoiding corruption,
and it is just easier to just throw one up for use. This is opposed to
every application sharing a single, massive database.

   What about backups? Is there a good software to backup an IT
landscape full of multiple databases? Am I correct that things seem to
be transitioning into every application having their own database? I
welcome anyones opinions and suggestions.

Thank you,

Kyle