[Cialug] Can't Edit Permissions on NFS Share

Todd Walton tdwalton at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 10:28:31 CDT 2016

I have an NFS share exported from a remote server. It's sharing from the
server with options "rw,no_root_squash,no_all_squash,secure". "secure"
means "Allow Connections from ports below 1024". I have this share mounted
locally with options
"rw,vers=3,rsize=1048576,wsize=1048576,hard,proto=tcp,timeo=600,retrans=2,sec=sys".

Seems all good. But when I try to change permissions on a file that I own I
get "Permission denied". Permissions are currently 755, I am the owner, and
I'm changing to 775. But permission denied.

I can't figure out what's going wrong where. Any suggestions?

--
Todd