[Cialug] MakerSpace requesting assistance

Nabil Hanke nabil.hanke at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 18:08:00 CST 2016

Hey guys,

I was told to reiterate the plea I gave at the latest of several  LUG meet ups hosted at the Des Moines MakerSpace, Area515.

Long story short, our building is going under some serious upgrades that are compelling us to move… about 70 feet north. In the end we will be increasing our space by about 40%.

But it will not happen without elbow grease and money. Here’s the plea. We are asking for volunteers to assist in some demolition and basic remodeling. As well, we are needing to move some electrical lines and a couple other things where professionals would be appropriate - referrals and introductions would be appreciated.

Our organization is a 501c3 non-profit. We have only recently been operating regularly in the black on a monthly basis. We do have a small cache of cash. We are looking for any businesses that would like to sponsor our build-up and upgrades. To do things properly, we are expecting $5k-10k of total cost.

We are expecting the paperwork any moment with a timeline of action falling in December.

Feel free to reply here or to me directly at nabil.hanke at gmail.com or to our board via info at area515.org

Thank you,
Nabil Hanke
Vice President - Area515