[Cialug] Next Meeting 11/16 - Sudoers and Auditd

Sean Flattery sean.r.flattery at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 10:24:42 CST 2016

Have you ever had to grant someone sudo rights?  Did they really need to
run every command as root?

This month's topic is advanced sudo tricks and how auditd can help you
craft the perfect sudoers file.  I'll go over the powerful options
available that you can use to grant the proper amount of access and how to
manage this for groups.

How does auditd fit in?  Well if you have a third party tool that needs
sudo, I'll show you how to reverse engineer what commands it needs.  You
can also use auditd to log any commands run as sudo and send them to a
central logging server for tracking and alerting.

Stay tuned for an email confirming the location of November's meeting.

Thanks,
Sean Flattery