[Cialug] Ubuntu server name resolution!

Paul Gray gray at cs.uni.edu
Tue May 17 17:01:13 CDT 2016

On 05/17/2016 04:53 PM, Tom Sellers wrote:
> I put the nameserver enty in the resolv.conf file and

The suggestion was to remove the resolvconf* package, not to actually
modify resolv.conf.

> After it finished and I rebooted again

Did all of the packages fully install and register as you were looking for?

-Paul
--
* That is, if resolvconf is installed - it's hard to tell what's doing
the modification on this end of the inbox, but the comment in the file