[Cialug] Kingston E1000 SSD

Dave Hala dave at 58ghz.net
Fri Mar 25 14:27:54 CDT 2016

Amazing isn't even close. As for the drive, I'm involved in Kingston's
pre-release program.  I have a hand built unit.  The drive is awesome
in a heavy traffic server environment.  Its actually 4 drives on one
card and a controller that manages all that. What's really cool about
this drive is that when I have multiple users running really some
heavy reports against the Mysql server, it barely slows down. What
used to bury a regular enterprise ssd drive, doesn't even phase this
drive.  Its really the first SSD drive in a Mysql server that I'm
exceeds my expectations.   An order of magnitude better than the
Samsung 845DC.

I've got it setup running software raid 10 and you don't even a notice
degradation in performance when the array is rebuilding.

:) Dave