[Cialug] source code dependencies

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Sat Mar 12 15:47:20 CST 2016

On Sat, Mar 12, 2016 at 1:10 PM, Dan Hockey <icepuck2k at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've updated my pi to jessie and now I need to recompile code for which
> there is no rpi binary.
> Is there a way to automatically determine and install dependencies before
> trying to compile?

If you're lucky the configure or make process will tell you that
something's missing.  If you're not you'll just get errors when you compile
and then you'll have to figure out what's missing.

Also, where in this process will I be able to make a .deb package?

That's a completely separate process.  I've never made .debs but google
should turn up some instructions.

--
Jeff Ollie