[Cialug] rsnapshot replication

Scott Yates Scott at yatesframe.com
Thu Mar 10 09:59:26 CST 2016

You use the gui on the client machine to connect via ssh with port mapping
to the headless server.  It is not a complex as it sounds actually, but is
not trivial either.

Restoring or backing up does require a cloud LOGIN, but not cloud storage.

Side note, you can manage and store your own keyfile for backup so that "in
theory" only you can see your data.  Since it is not open source, you don't
know for certain though.