[Cialug] OT - Looking for surplus power supplies

Justin Richeson neomatrixjr at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 16:55:06 CST 2016

Thanks! I'm digging into this more and have found a few resources to help
me find the best solution.  When I threw this out there I didn't know there
was anything an particular to look for so I figured "beggars can't be
choosers" but since you asked about model#'s and specs I dug in and I'm
finding I should check on some of those things :).  There are some models
that some people have already sorted out how to modify them for this use.

If you have any you can check on easily then yes, please let me know what
brand/model number they are.  I'll try to get down to the makerspace as
well if I get a chance.  I also spotted an interesting document about using
these for a bench power supply as opposed to a cheap hack on an ATX supply,
so I'm going to dig into that too :).

P.S. Here's a page on rcgroups.com with info on converting server power
supplies.  There's a lot of crawling that can be done from this page of
info that has been gathered since people started doing this.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1292514