[Cialug] How normal is it to ask for w2s and pay stubs as part of the interview process?

Josh More jmore at starmind.org
Tue Jun 28 10:44:54 CDT 2016

I have encountered this as a form of employment verification.

Go ahead and provide them, but redact the actual payment numbers.  The rest
should be the normal data that people need for the employment process.

If they react negatively to the redacted data, then as Scott says, it's a
big red flag and you should disengage from the process.

-Josh