[Cialug] jessie mysql root user password

matt at itwannabe.com matt at itwannabe.com
Fri Jan 22 22:31:18 CST 2016

Is this on an Arm computer/dev board of some sort?  Sometimes when you use an image for an Arm board you end up with a bunch of stuff pre-installed with users and passwords already set.

Have you tried to start mysql with the "--skip-grant-tables" option so that you can set a new password for the root user?

If that doesn't work then I'm not sure what you could do.  You would need root or sudo access to the system to stop mysql and start it with that option.

-- Matt (N0BOX)

Sent from my android device.