[Cialug] Apache log files

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Sun Jan 17 22:23:56 CST 2016

On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 2:52 PM, L. V. Lammert <lvl at omnitec.net> wrote:

> Is it possible to have separate log files for a <Directory>, .. IOW, if I
> have a specific Directory configured for a different set of code, how can
> one have those operations thrown to separate log files?
>
> It would be nice to separate those log files by *function*, instead of
> *Virtual* host, but I can't seem to find anyting on point.

If you read the Apache httpd documentation:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/mod/mod_log_config.html

It'll tell you that the CustomLog directive can only be specified in the
"server" and "virtual host" context:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/mod/directive-dict.html#Context

I'd say that's pretty definitive proof that Apache can't do what you want
it to.  The best you'll be able to do is to post-process the log files to
split them out.

--
Jeff Ollie