[Cialug] Read Only

Paul Gray gray at cs.uni.edu
Fri Jan 8 16:17:25 CST 2016

On 01/08/2016 03:16 PM, Brian Broughton wrote:>
 > I have an issue with directories being locked, server was running ...

I have no idea what Mediatomb is, but the situation that you describe is
typical.

Log in as root if you're able to.  If you only log in as a user, become
root but do not navigate to the directory in question.

As root, find out what services have open filehandles for the device:

   lsof | grep /mnt/share

Take note of any process id that shows up and kill them.  Run the
command again.

Once you have all processes cleared, issue
   umount -f /mnt/share

Then start over with mounting it correctly...

-Paul