[Cialug] Read Only

Brian Broughton brian at broughtonhome.org
Fri Jan 8 15:16:21 CST 2016

I have an issue with directories being locked, server was running Mediatomb but it was removed, prior to shutting it down. Now has a read only lock on all directories it was configured to access. I have tired to chmod and chown but kicks back file locked read only and not able to change either the permissions or ownership. Since program is no longer installed not possible to kill the running process. Tried to force un-mount but it too fails, file locked by running process. Would a reboot work or make it worse? Any thoughts on how to break the read only lock?

--

Brian Broughton