[Cialug] overlay mounts

Jim Cole jrcole at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 12:52:17 CST 2016

Let me explain what I'm doing. I'd like to see if you have any suggestions.

I have a working overlay mount.

Directory A is Upper
Directory B is Lower
Directory C is Overlay of A+B (r/w but files get written to A)

That all works as expected.

What I want to do is move the files from A to B at a later point. I
can do this but then the mount becomes undefined and goes to heck. I
can correct this by unmounting and remounting it.

Does anyone know of another union filesystem that would let me do that
and not have to do unmount/remount?

Here's the reason for all of this. Amazon Cloud Drive. I picked up the
$5/year of unlimited storage. I have it mounted on my linux box via
acd_cli. It's working well. The issue is that I cant write directly to
it as its unstable, I need to use the upload utility in acd_cli. So
Data goes to a local store(Directory A above) until I run the upload
and move it to ACD(Directory B) above and Directory C is what everyone
sees.

I have tried unionfs fuse mount and overlayfs thats built into the
kernel..both give me issues.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
-Jim