[Cialug] Spontaneous Outbreak of Read-Only-ness

Sean Flattery sean.r.flattery at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 12:46:10 CST 2016

I've had this happen when the VM couldn't talk to the SAN hosting the file
system and would go read only due to IO wait. The high IO load was caused
by other noisy neighbors so it was tough to track down. If things aren't
virtualized, then I wholeheartedly endorse the advice to check your disks
and make sure you have good backups.

Thanks
Sean Flattery