[Cialug] Linux for Asus Eee

Scott Prader rigrunn at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 16:14:08 CDT 2016

Depending on how technical your friend wants to get, ArchLinux might be a
solution as well.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/ASUS_Eee_PC_904HA

Scott

On Aug 24, 2016 3:51 PM, "David Champion" <dchamp1337 at gmail.com> wrote:

When you install Mageia you can choose your desktop environment, you may
want to use xfce or one of the other lightweight ones. You can also install
multiple de's and switch between them at login like you can with Ubuntu.

-dc

On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 3:46 PM, chris rheinherren <c.rheinherren at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I was looking at the other lightweight Ubuntu (Xubuntu) version and saw
> that it required a PAE processor to work with it's current version.
Lubuntu
> isn't bad either. It should work.
>
> And I'll check out Mageia too.
>

> Thanks!
>

> On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 3:33 PM, David Champion <dchamp1337 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I think Mageia doesn't require PAE support for their default kernel.
It's