[Cialug] Bogus DHCP on Debian

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Thu Apr 28 16:06:19 CDT 2016

OK, .. back to working; turns out commenting out lines in dhclient.conf
breaks things entirely! This note:

http://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/questions/37594/how-can-i-disable-autoconfigured-networking-on-raspbian

Seems to be recommending disabling ifplugd and putting ifup commands in
rc.local - seems like a pretty big kluge to me!

Is anyone running Jessie with a static network configuration? Any similar
problems?

This box will be going into production, and I would prefer to definitely
NOT have dhclient running on ANY interface. [dhcpd is a different issue,
it will be configured on eth2 to hand out leases to vopi phones.]

	TIA!!!

	Lee