[Cialug] mirrored raid

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at drake.edu
Fri Apr 8 20:10:45 CDT 2016

So, you have 1 boot drive and 2 other drives configured as a RAID1,
correct? Software RAID or hardware RAID? Is LVM involved?

Also, how many more drives (if any) can be physically installed into the
system without removing any first?

On 2016-04-08 at 19:59:10 Dan Hockey wrote:
> I have a home made nas running openmediavualt. I have a pair of 160gb
> sata drives for the shared drive(3 total with the boot drive). One
> drive is starting to fail. I have a new pair of two 2tb drives.
> Switching the drives one at a time,do I need to format the new drives
> before using or will the software take care of things on its own?
__
Daniel A. Ramaley  |  Server Engineer 2
Information Technology Services (ITS) | Drake University

T: +1 515 271-4540
F: +1 515 271-1938
E: daniel.ramaley at drake.edu