[Cialug] Asterisk Pi

Zachary Kotlarek zach at kotlarek.com
Thu Apr 7 22:34:37 CDT 2016

On 7 Apr 2016, at 18:13, L. V. Lammert wrote:

> Been thinking about replacing our old phone system with a version of
> Asterisk on a PI for some time, .. the project was kicked into high gear
> this afternoon when our old system developed a major problem.
>
> It looks like there are at least major Asterisk flavors for a Pi:
>
>  * IncrediblePBX
>  * FreePBX

Consider FreeSWITCH instead of Asterisk, at least if you’re interested in dynamic configuration or an integration API or multi-tenancy. FreeSWITCH’s differences are discussed here: https://freeswitch.org/how-does-freeswitch-compare-to-asterisk/

The related GUI tools are things like FusionPBX or sipXcom, though I haven’t tried either.

	Zach