[Cialug] O.T. centerylink

Jonathan A. Kollasch jakllsch at kollasch.net
Thu Jun 18 20:03:13 CDT 2015

On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 04:22:04PM -0700, Dan Hockey wrote:
> Today while logged in on ebay centerylink seems to have figured out how to hyjack any of searches I do on ebay. Is this something I should complain to centerylink?  This happens with firefox and chrome.

They push out the redirect.qwest.net addresses as resolvers to
(at least) residential customers.

resolver.qwest.net contains the set of resolvers and redirecting resolvers,
redirect.qwest.net contains the set of redirecting resolvers.

In short, you want 205.171.3.65 and 205.171.2.65 not
205.171.3.25 and 205.171.2.25.

(As a side note, the AAAA records for resolver.qwest.net
behave as non-redirecting resolvers.)

But at this point I just run my own recursive resolvers.

	Jonathan Kollasch