[Cialug] Unix Opportunity

Kim Knoll kim at executiveresources.com
Mon Jun 8 12:03:15 CDT 2015

Hello folks!     Don't worry, I won't ever inundate the group, but I do
have a UNIX opportunity, in case anyone knows of someone who may want to
learn more.   I'll keep it brief, but I have a job description, etc. for
anyone who is interested in seeing something more specific.   In a
nutshell, this position is a new opening and will join a team of five
admins/engineers
(2 are seniors) that are all based on the East Coast.   This will be the
first new UNIX opening in over six years despite a significant growth of
AIX LPARs and Linux VMs.    Having a UNIX resource present in the Des
Moines area will allow him/her to work closely with the Middleware and DBA
teams located here in town and to be the hands-on person for the DR data
center.  So a day-in-the-life for this resource would entail monitoring the
Service Now Incident and Service Request queues for issues and tasks that
arise.  Also help with any rack and stack of AIX hardware in Urbandale and
would be assigned to projects that could require a LPAR/Linux build and the
requisite IP and DNS requests.  The individual would eventually be in the
six man on-call rotation once they are acclimated to the environment.

I can be reached at 515-271-5107 (direct line) or via email at
kim at executiveresources.com.    This is a full time, direct hire role.

--
*Kim Knoll, recruiting since 1993*
*Senior Information Technology Recruiter *