[Cialug] ssd raid

Scott Yates Scott at yatesframe.com
Tue Jul 28 10:51:51 CDT 2015

I have had several ssd arrays, and had exactly 1 failure in the last year.
The failure was a single drive, and all drives were bought together when
setting up each array.  It IS however a good idea to get the firmware
flashed as current as possible before putting them into service.

Small sample size I know, but anecdotal evidence shows the speedup is worth
the slight extra cost.