[Cialug] Mediacom is using IPv6

David Bierce david at bierce.org
Fri Jul 17 21:45:58 CDT 2015

I've been going back and forth with them for about a year.  3 months ago in
most markets they started handing out addresses via DHCPv6.  Which actually
works most of the time, they are apparently having issues with it working
consistently.  The thing that has been borked, for me and the other people
on the thread with their support, is Prefix delegation.  For a while they
were giving anything from a /48, /64 but now all I get is a single /128
which is....annoying.

I've tried with Juniper, PfSense and regular linux, they say, "Their
Vendor" recommended this configuration and they are working to fix it.