[Cialug] Mediacom is using IPv6

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Fri Jul 17 20:43:37 CDT 2015

I typed in a wrong domain name and got the stupid "helpful" mediacom search
page, which I hate on principle. I turn that off by setting my router to
use opendns. Sometimes my router goes screwy and forgets.

I logged into my router and it hadn't gone screwy, it was showing the
proper settings. So I went to my network preferences on my laptop to check
the settings there and I noticed my computer had an IPv6 address. When I
visit http://whatismyv6.com/ I confirm that it also thinks I'm using IPv6.

So I'm using IPv6 and I'm not using a tunnel broker.

Anyone else seeing the same?

I don't know if the ipv6 address is at all related to the DNS settings
going bonkers on me. I'll have to look into that.

--
Matthew Nuzum