[Cialug] Most reliable backup solution

Justin Richeson neomatrixjr at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 16:59:55 CST 2015

Just want to put in a vote for crashplan.  My parents and I use it to great
effect.  I have a backup server set up at their place and mine which allows
for local/off-site backups for both of us.  Had a drive die awhile ago,
full restore from my local crashplan server.  Also, added benefit, I can go
grab the external 4TB drive at my parent's, drive it to my house, hook it
up and copy the "local" backups back and forth if they get too far out of
sync (or for the initial copy).  Saves trying to upload hundreds of gigs
over the internet.