[Cialug] Sandstorm

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Tue Dec 8 13:20:25 CST 2015

Has anyone used Sandstorm? I bumped into a project today that offered a
Vagrant installation that was tied to Sandstorm, which is the first time
I've heard of it. It sounds to me like a way to use containers to deploy
your code. They say on the website, "it lets you install server apps as
easily as you install apps on your phone."

https://sandstorm.io/install/

There is both a service and a free, open source self-hosted version.

I'll admit to not spending much time on the server side in recent months,
so maybe everyone else has heard of this already. It sounds like a cool
idea and I'd enjoy hearing your thoughts.