[Cialug] What lang for writing a service?

David Bierce david at bierce.org
Mon Dec 7 11:51:03 CST 2015

I prefer Python as it has as replaced perl in ubiquity. Py3 should be
everywhere now and most code isn't that fancy.  Package manament for most
imports can be handled by the OS package manager.  Depending on your
complexity I think centos even has package support for virtenv.  With node
you'll be using an interesting installer.  It really just depends on if
libraries are what you want.

Unless there is good reason I always default to python....part of me just
died saying that :)