[Cialug] Google Chrome on Debian

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at drake.edu
Fri Aug 14 10:50:16 CDT 2015

Does anyone else have difficulty running Chrome on Debian? For me, it
crashes frequently. By "frequently", i mean that individual tabs will
usually work for 5-30 seconds before displaying the "Aw snap!" error
page, and the entire browser will work for 1-2 minutes before completely
closing itself.

I'm running Debian Jessie (Stable). Today i tried uninstalling and
purging it, then searching my home directory for any configuration
remnants and deleting them, then reinstalling using a freshly downloaded
package from Google. It still crashes very quickly. I have managed to
disable the hardware acceleration feature, but that did not change the
crashing behavior at all. Any ideas?

__
Daniel A. Ramaley  |  Network Engineer 2
Drake Technology Services (DTS) | Drake University

T: +1 515 271-4540
F: +1 515 271-1938
E: daniel.ramaley at drake.edu