[Cialug] Shellshock Bash Remote Code Execution Vulnerability

Matt Stanton matt at itwannabe.com
Thu Sep 25 11:07:28 CDT 2014

I did notice that Ubuntu put out a bash (among other things) update within the past couple of days.  I had one VPS that I hadn't updated in the past week and another that I updated as soon as the update came out.  The vulnerability test worked on the one that hadn't been updated, and failed on the updated VPS (obviously I updated the first VPS after running that test).  So it appears that Ubuntu's most recent update has theoretically fixed the problem.

-- Matt (N0BOX)

Sent from my ASUS Transformer