[Cialug] Today's big news: Intel Edison computer on a chip

Matt matt at itwannabe.com
Tue Sep 9 18:32:03 CDT 2014

There are two chips.  One is the 500MHz dual-core x85 Atom chip.  The other is Intel's 100MHz microcontroller, the Quark, which is the same one found in Intel's Galileo.

Hackaday did a nice writeup on the Edison: http://hackaday.com/2014/09/09/intel-releases-edison-a-computer-slightly-larger-than-an-sd-card/

-- Matt (N0BOX)

Sent from my iPod Touch 5G