[Cialug] make install files

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Tue Oct 28 16:30:51 CDT 2014

Automake automakes me upset sometimes because of this. I will sometimes
change the prefix when I run configure so that I can do a make install and
have it go into a sub folder of my home directory rather than install
system wide.

Just, uh, make sure that you don't type rm -rf /var when you meant to type
rm -rf ~/var. As root. FYI.

On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 4:02 PM, L. V. Lammert <lvl at omnitec.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Oct 2014, Paul Gray wrote:
>
> > Then there should be an "install-recursive:" stanza as well.
> >
> None, ..
>
> > Is this a package we can download and pull up to fully grok the context?
> >
> Actually, just the Source, Luke:
>
>         https://github.com/op5/livestatus.git
>
> I have seen this more than once, .. may be a product of automake? I track
> actual installed files in a 'device' repository, so I need to know
> individual files so I can make sure we're tracking them in the repo.
>
>         Thanks!!
>
>         lee

Matthew Nuzum